Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yet holdin' on (Help me believe)

Some of you may not be familiar with the "story" that goes with that title. I won't go into it here, just know that in the midst of it all, I'm yet holdin' on, and I encourage you to do the same.

It's getting a little cloudy here, and if I kept my eyes on the clouds gathering, I'd be convinced that the storm about to break would overwhelm me and wash all my hard work away. But because my eyes are fixed on Jesus and His righteousness, I can walk through this storm with my head held high, my hand firmly in HIS and come out the other side stronger than before. I am holding firmly to Philippians 1:6: He Who has begun a great work in you will see it through to completion, until the day of Jesus Christ. God has indeed begun a great work in me (there is too much evidence to disprove the contrary), and because of that very promise, I can't give up, no matter how stormy it gets.

Yet in the midst of it all, despite my constant profession of faith, there are moments when the darkness threatens to close in and the testing of my faith proves just a little difficult. It is then that I look to Jesus and scream, like that man, "Lord I believe, but help Thou my unbelief!" I'm yet holdin' on, but some days, it's a tenuous hold, and I feel like I'm slipping. That's when I know that Jesus definitely is here with me. If it were in my own strength, I would have fallen away a looooong time ago. But because I'm not the only one holding on, because Jesus is holding on to me, HE promised that HE won't let me go, and HE hasn't! So HE's yet holdin' on to me!

For those who are also in a struggle that is sho' nuf testing your faith, below are the lyrics to Kirk Franklin's "Help Me Believe," and hopefully, a working link to the song itself. It acknowledges that we get weak, but we know to Whom to turn during those cloudy times. Be encouraged, and continue to pray!



Help Me Believe
Kirk Franklin
www.youtube.com/watch?v=
pp3w-1qNOKU

Just wanna write You a letter,
Have to be very honest with You,
I don’t’ really know how to say this…

I wanna believe
But I’m having a hard time seeing past what I see right now, I see right now.
I wanna be free,
But when I try to fly I realize I don’t know how,
No one showed me how,
Wish I could see,
That this mess I’m in will really work out for my good,
You said it would.
So, if You can hear me,
Can You give me a sign ‘cause I don’t feel You like I should
Please, if You could.

My faith is almost gone,
I can’t hold on much longer,
Take this cup from me.

But if You choose not to, please,
Help me believe,
Can I believe?
Let me believe,
I wanna believe!
I’m no good on my own, please give me another chance!
It’s hard to believe in what I can’t see,
To give You my will, ‘cause Your Will’s better for me.
You can look in my eyes and see,
I wanna believe, believe, believe, believe.

I want You to know…
I wanna believe,
If I never hear I’m sorry I can let it go,
Gotta let you go.
‘Cause it’s killing me.
Jesus, You know how it feels, ‘cause You’ve been hurt before,
Don’t wanna hurt no more.
I’m trying to hear You speak
But my heart is growing weaker,
Take this cup from me.
But if You choose not to, Father…

Please, help me believe,
Can I believe?
Let me believe,
Jesus, I wanna believe!
I feel stuck Lord!
I’ve been here before and can’t take that hurt again!
It’s hard to believe in what I can’t see,
To give You my will,
‘Cause Your Will’s better for me.
You can look in my eyes and see,
I wanna believe, believe, believe, believe.
Believe, believe…

I wanna believe,
When I close my eyes on this side I’ll wake up with You,
More in love with You.
And, and finally,
You will say my race,
It is over and my work is through,
‘Cause I believed in You, oh…
I know dark nights will come,
And some days there’ll be no sunshine,
If You’re too far to see...

Jesus, Help me believe!
Daddy, can I believe?
Father, let me believe.
Savior, I wanna believe!
I’m no good on my own,
Please give me another chance!
PLEASE, it’s hard to believe in what I can’t see,
To give You my will, ‘cause Your Will’s better for me.
But if You look down inside me,
You can look in my eyes and see,
I wanna believe, can’t You see me?
Believe! I’m tryin’ real hard!
Believe! I don’t wanna fail You!
Believe! Jesus, I really wanna!
Believe! My scars will heal.
Believe! I won’t live afraid!
Believe! And this is temporary!
Believe! My season’ll change!
Believe! The curse is over!
Believe! Every yoke is destroyed!
Believe! I’ll live better than my father!
Believe! Instead of happiness, I’ll have joy!
Believe! Like all things.
Believe! You did it before.
Believe! You’ll do it again!
Believe! I just need to…
Believe! I can’t see it…
Believe! Right now I can’t feel it…
Believe! But if I’m gonna have faith…
Believe! I’ve got to…
Believe! That You’ve got me!
Believe! That You’ve got this!
Believe! That You’ve got us!
Believe! I need somebody to…
Believe! I wanna, I wanna let go…
Believe! I wanna give up!
Believe! I’m tired of trying!
Believe! Without You!
Believe! I need You!
Believe! Don’t’ You see me?
Believe! Jesus, I wanna believe!
Jesus! Father! Savior!

No comments: